Here's the Cleanest:
When organic is not available, here's some tips to protect you from "non-organic" produce:
- Buy fresh vegetables and fruits in season.
- Trim tops and the very outer portions of celery, lettuce, cabbages, and other leafy vegetables that may contain the bulk of pesticide residues.
- Peel and cook when appropriate, even though some nutrients and fiber are lost in the process.
- Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. This would limit exposure to any one type of pesticide residue.
- Wait until just before preparation to wash or immerse your produce in clean water. When appropriate, scrub with a brush.
- Special soaps or washes are not needed and could be harmful to you, depending on their ingredients. Read the label!
Post a Comment